Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kishore's Blog

April 29, 2010
Norman


To my PSG friends,


Hi all,
140, Dr.Jaganathan Nagar, Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore -14 was the address Kishore and I were living during our college days. Most of our friends, who visited our house, might still remember there were a shelf full of general books, Anandha Vikadan, Junior Vikadan, The Hidnu, etc. A radio, an old ceiling fan, a calendar which always showed previous month, a damaged wall clock, our paintings too. We also shared our room with spiders, termites, ants, house lizards, and many unnamed species which could be found only in our room and Amazon forest. Those days were the pleasant part of our life. We read all kinds of books, for example Sathiya Sothanai of Gandhiji to Mein Kampf of Hitler. Really we had both of the books on our shelf. 

Kishore and I would discuss all genre like science, literature, politics, news, history, philosophy, cinema, etc. Especially after dinner at Udhayam mess every night we used to go for walk around the street. Ganesh and Loganathan joined us many days. We had a lot to share while walking. Kishore always puts his views on society, and raises so many "why?"s. He observes all levels of lives and implies his thoughts either while talking or writing. We also did go to CIT campus after a cup of tea at Krishna Bakes at the the time of sunset to refresh our mind. The scene of walking on yellow flowers on CIT roads are still in my memory. I found Kishore as a person who knew something about all whatever I started to speak. It showed he was interest on vast things. 

Almost all of our class boys visited our room for group study. But the first thing everyone did when they entered was looking for Anandha Vikadan. It updated many fields to us. I stopped reading A.V after I came US. I don't know how many of you read still, but Kishore doesn't miss a week. 

I read his blogs and give technical comments every time. He writes something versatile and also combines that with real life. I wish him to continue blogging. I could realize the effort he puts on it, and I don't want that to be wasted. You need to move on, Kishore. Sometimes we could not expect all the posts go excellent, the thing is to write persistently. We need to stand by from 15th to 35th over to win an ODI match. Instead of trying to hit all the overs to boundaries, a batsman should know to defend and move on the middle overs. So do write constantly and move it. Despite of writing on single track, try different things using different writing formats. 

In our college days we received more letters than the house owner received. I used to write on "inland covers" to my friends every week. It was a fun and joy to write letter even telephones were there. I know some of my friends still preserve my inland letters, because writing often does much things than speaking. I strongly believe writing is not just to pass information. It has its own power. So I encourage every one to write. 

In the beginning our writing should fit for the audience (readers), later on the audience will fit/adapt to our writings. I suggest this to Kishore. வள்ளுவன் வாழ்ந்த காலத்தில் திருக்குறளுக்கு ஏதாவது பொற்கிளியோ அல்லது குறைந்தது வெள்ளிக் காசோ கிடைத்ததா என்று தெரியாது. ஆனால் இன்று அதை உலகினுக்கே தந்து வான்புகழ் கொள்கிறது தமிழ் நாடு. குண்டடத்தில் எங்கள் வீட்டு சுவற்றில் மூன்று புகைப்படங்கள் மட்டுமே இருக்கும். ஒரு புலவன், ஒரு கவிஞன், ஒரு தலைவன். (வள்ளுவன், பாரதி, பெரியார்). 2000 ஆண்டுகளுக்குப் பின்னும் எழுத்து வாழ்வதற்கு சாட்சி திருக்குறள். You will have your audience soon, Kishore.

You continue writing on all the fields that you know. My dad often says in my childhood, "உலகத்தில் எதன் மீதும் கருத்து சொல்லும் உரிமையை பெற்றுக்கொள்". My dad introduced me many fields in my young age. He was a reporter in Dinamalar for 15 years. He wriote in several columns in the Daily. Before he posted his report or article to the newspaper, he used to read that aloud  to me and my brother. I got interest on many things because of him. He often took us to the farm on the back side of our house. Those were pleasant walks when he shared all things with us. We would meet a pukka  farmer there (தெம்பர தோட்டத்து ஐயன்) and sit on a stone bench with him, he did not cross his primary schooling, but has great knowledge. My father and he used to chat many things. As a kid I didn't know what he was engraving on the stone bench every day while we visited there. After long days he finished that and I found that was a திருக்குறள், "இன்னா செய்தாரை ஒறுத்தல் அவர் நானா நன்னயஞ் செய்து விடல்". Today I surprise how did an almost illiterate former have inspiration to engrave a Thirukkural on a hard black stone bench by himself in a deserted farm. I admire of his knowledge on vast fields. When my dad asked, "where is the kural number?", he engraved that too later. I was about 6 years at the time. From where I got the practice of writing Thirukkural with its number, which you did see on our classroom black boards. 

Link to Kishore's blog: http://ttsab.blogspot.com/2010/07/week-5.html 


SR

1 comment:

  1. In hostel , my room also having that three people photos na (வள்ளுவன், பாரதி, பெரியார்).

    ReplyDelete